Skip to main content

ISSUES IN GIRL-CHILD EDUCATION IN NIGERIA: IMPLICATIONS FOR LIBRARY AND INFORMATION SUPPORT


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ADITYA KUMAR DEDICATING HIS ENTIRE LIFE TO GIVE CHILDREN EDUCATION

MOBILE CYCLE SCHOOL TEACHER ADITYA KUMAR, A GLOBAL HERO I am Aditya Kumar{ born on july 18,1970 } a native of Lucknow, U.P.INDIA. I am honoured by LIMCA BOOK OF RECORDS, 2014 for my Benevolent Service to free education. I have also been awarded NISHAN- E- IMAM HUSSAIN’ AWARD” by Honourable Sh.Ram Naik U.P. Governer.  I am nationally acclaimed social worker known as ` CYCLEGURUJI here because I pedal 60 to 65 km per day to nearby villages on bicycle providing free education to children of slum areas, who have not seen school. I gather children and teach basic Hindi, English, Mathematics . I take classes from 8 am to 7 pm daily. I take classes in number of slum areas nearby. I am not charging any fees, I am proud to say that my students are highly placed in Private and Government departments .   I realized the condition of the low-income families children, without education. This thought came into my mind and I started teaching poor children. I am giving edu...

SUPPORT NIGERIA EDUCATION FIRST INITIATIVE

Education is a great driver of social, economic and political progress. As people learn to read, count and reason critically, their prospects for health and pro sperity expand exponentially. But our advances in education have not benefited everyone equally—and primary school enrollment rates tell only part of the regrettable story. Millions of children who start primary school are unable to finish and still more miss out on secondary school. Today, some 69 million adolescents—in low-income countries—are receiving no post-primary education. We can no longer afford the cost of excluding them. Barriers to school enrolment and completion Unaffordable costs. Poverty is the greatest barrier to high-quality education. Even when primary school is technically free, additional charges for uniforms, textbooks, teacher salaries and school maintenance create financial barriers for many families. In surveys from countries with “free education”, parents consistently say th...

ABOUT EAGLE BUILDERS FOUNDATION

EAGLE BUILDERS FOUNDATION …Promoting Human and Economic Development ( Human Capacity Development, Child Development Project, Women Empowerment, Leadership Training, Business Planning, Project Management, Educational Programs, Entrepreneurship, Youth Empowerment Programs and Political Education/Election Monitoring) ABOUT US : Eagle Builders Foundation (EBF) is a national development-driven, non-governmental organization established to respond to social, economic, physical and educational need of young people to contribute to the economy of Nigeria especially in making Nigeria Economy Transformation a reality. EBF works in partnership with community agencies, faith-based organizations, corporate entities and governmental departments to address community and national issues through capacity building and public education. EBF promotes the involvement and participation of young people, student and women in planning, implementing and execution of programs and proj...